San Jose, Costa Rica
(An urban resort used as a base for eco-touring the country)
***For complimentary pick up from the airport to the resort and more information on Costa Rica and the tours available please call Mark Ayala at Sol Tropical directly 1-800-867-5758 or (506) 22-96-7464 or (506) 22-96-7484 Please remember to check with your telephone operator to find out if you must use an international code before dialing the number. You may reach Sol Tropical at firstname.lastname@example.org***
Deposit Fee: $100.00US cash upon check-in
Plus Utilities Fee: $50.00US cash upon check-in
Utility fee required. Telephone call charges are through the telephone company directly to guests credit card or telephone card. No charge for safe and internet. (Internet available on main floor of unit only).
Address: 200 Metres East, 100 Metres
South, Hotel Irazu, San Jose
La Uruca, Costa Rica
Phone : (506) 2220-2528 (Please confirm international code from your local operator)
Airport: San Jose International (12 km West)
Downtown: 4.5 km East to city center Check In/Check Out: Sunday 4pm - 10:00 am
Units: 3 Bedroom / sleeps 8
2 Bedroom / sleeps 6
Unit occupancy is strictly enforced. Please contact Sol Tropical if you require additional accommodations for assistance with arranging alternative accommodations at a nearby hotel for extra guests.
Villas Palmas is a group of two level condominiums built in a rectangular configuration around a central courtyard. The units are large and equipped for Costa Rica standards. Behind the entrance is a separate living room, dining area and kitchen, powder room and atrium. On the second level there are three bedrooms two bathrooms (master bathroom has 4 piece, second bathroom has 3 piece), a TV room and a balcony. Occupancy is for up to 8 with queen, double or twin beds and a pull out couch. The two bedroom unit is located on the second floor, with a bathroom (no bath - shower only) and a powder room. This unit sleeps 6 with queen and twin beds and a pull out couch. The units feature tile and terrazzo floors. The resort is located centrally in-land in San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica approximately 2 hours from the pacific coast. All units are non-smoking and no pets are allowed. This is a small urban resort with a small un-heated pool. Most of the guests use the resort as a home-base from which to take daily tours which leave early in the morning and return late afternoon or early evening. The resort does not have any additional amenities. Please be advised to check with your health specialist prior to your reservation with respect to altitude changes. Costa Rica is a Spanish speaking country with limited English spoken at the resort.
- Fully Costa Rician equipped townhouse/condominium unit including microwave oven.
- 2-1/2 bathrooms, including showers
- Beautiful tile/terrazzo floors
- Colour TV (cable & satellite reception)
- Second floor private balcony overlooking the courtyard area with a small pool for a quick dip after a day of sight-seeing
- Tour Operator on Site - Rain Forest, Volcano, Hot Springs, White Water Rafting & Deep Sea Fishing and much more. Call 1-800-867-5758
- Car Rental
- Main office telephone
- Internet access available (free)
- Security (Gate Controlled), wall safe in unit
- Restaurants (Spanish, Seafood, Chinese, American, etc.)
- Live Entertainment
- Shopping (food, maps, drinks, etc.)
- Snack Bar
- Laundry (offsite) For a small fee, if possible, your maid will do this if you wish
- Health Club
- Horseback - 3.5 km
- Hospitals - 1.0 km Downtown - 4.5 km
HOW TO GET THERE:
Many major airlines fly into Costa Rica. A short drive along the Autopista General Canas (a major multi-lane highway) - less than 12km will bring you into the Western part of San Jose and Villas Palmas. TaraNova will arrange FREE PICK UP FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE RESORT. Please call at least one week prior to your arrival 1-800-867-5758 to arrange pick up and all your touring information.
TO HELP YOU FURTHER:
Entry Requirements: Check with your travel agent for up-to-date requirements and country exit fees. TaraNova recommends proof of Citizenship, tourist card, and valid passport
Language: Spanish (English is widely Spoken)
Climate: Average 72 degrees F spring-like year round in San Jose and Central Valley. Averages 70's - 90's islands and coastal beaches
Currency: Colonie: floating exchange rate
Shopping: Handicrafts, coffee, wooden carvings, jewelry, etc.
Time: Central Standard (No Daylight Savings)
Transportation: Efficient buses, taxis, car rental available (valid credit card and Canadian or US drivers license is necessary).
Guidebooks: Numerous, available at most bookstores.
Medical Assistance: Many excellent clinics and hospitals; some of the best medical services available outside Canada & the USA
<><><>Discover San Jose
San Jose is located in the middle of the country, not more than two hours in either direction from the coast. The city is located in the province of the same name, high in the central plain with its temperatures averaging in the mid 70's F. all year around! It is known as the city of eternal spring.
Let our tour operator, Sol Tropical, meet you at the airport and take you directly to the resort. The staff at Sol Tropical can assist you in arranging all your sight seeing needs whether it be a day of local shopping or an excursion to the coast. There are art galleries, museums, great restaurants and architectural masterpieces.
Costa Rica is an army-free democratic republic known as the "Switzerland" of Central and South America. Their colleges and universities have produced a skilled and well-educated work force and the country boasts a 95% literacy rate. Costa Ricans are proud of their education and their tradition of non-violence. Expect world-class health care and a hygienic city. Drinking water is safe in major cities, however, bottled water is available throughout the country.
Here are a few of San Jose's attractions.
- The Outdoor Market: A large area beside the Grand Hotel full of local wares. Don't miss this as it is a great place to purchase souveniers.
- The gold Museum: A good place to start as it is close to the Grand Hotel (4 ½ km from our resort).
- The Jade Museum: Simply outstanding.
- The Art Gallery: Located in the old airport terminal (now downtown)
- The National Theatre: An architectural masterpiece based on the Paris Opera House (nearby is an all-metal elementary school)
- The National Museum of Costa Rica: Noted for its gold coin collection, insect collection, historical artifacts, furniture and early Native pottery, some of which dates before 800 AD.
Check with our Tour Operator to see what theatre attractions are available and where the interesting shopping plazas are located.
Discover Costa Rica - The Country
The carefully preserved Eden known as Costa Rica lies between the crystal blue Caribbean and the azure waves of the Pacific Ocean. In between are volcanoes, natural parks, biological reserves and rain forests all packed into some 20,000 square miles. The dramatic change in temperature occurs when you leave the Central Valley at 1200m. (3800 feet) and pass through the misty highlands on twisty roads descending into coastal areas where temperature can soar above 80 or 90 degrees F.
If you are planning to go on a rainforest or volcano tour take warm protective clothing. On the coast heat exhaustion is easily avoided with good planning and plenty of bottled water. Don't forget to always take a sun blocker and a hat.
There are a variety of spectacular tours available. When you arrive at Villas Palmas, a tour guide will meet you and recommend certain trips. Monday mornings the tour operator hosts a breakfast and will be able to assist you in all your touring needs. The tours leave from the immediate vicinity and are very popular so book early.
Some of the Popular Tours
- Tortuga Island Tour : a day cruise to a heavenly beach on an island - one of the finest experiences
- Sarchi Oxcart Factory: visit the famous Poas Volcano and a nearby factory which is famous for it's wood products.
- Carara Biological Reserve and Jaco Beach (macaws, sloth's, monkeys etc.)
- The Manuel Antonio National Park: crystal clear waters, fauna and flora of note (109 species of mammals, 84 species of birds)
- Coffee Plantation Tour
- River Rafting
- Rain Forests/Cloud Forests
- Volcanos, Hot Springs
- Butterfly Sanctuary
- And Many More
LINKS TO ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Costa Rica - Villas Palmas
Sol Tropical Tours - Specialists for Costa Rica!
Sol Tropical Tel: (506) 2296-7484 OR 1-800-867-5758
Sol Tropical Fax: (506) 2296-7273
(Remember - you may have to use international codes in front of the number in order to connect to Costa Rica).
Sol Tropical E-mail: email@example.com